The summer months are a great time to refine your skills and meet your continuing professional education (CPE) and continuing education (CE) requirements. To help, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best places to find CPE and CE credits. As a reminder, CPE credits are often required of CPAs, while CE credits are required for Enrolled Agents and participants of the IRS Annual Filing Season Program.
- Intuit® ProConnect™ offers CPE credit for many of its webinars, with topics including safeguarding taxpayer data and product-related webinars for ProConnect Tax Online, Lacerte® and ProSeries®. The Intuit ProConnect Training Center offers various other resources to help you continue learning, including how-to videos and peer training via forums. Our training can help you stay up to date on the latest tax law changes, as well as the impact they have on ProConnect software, the latest technology updates, best practices to keep your client’s data secure, how to grow your firm and more.
- Intuit offers CPE credit for various QuickBooks®-related courses as well. In addition, you can access self-paced training.
- The AICPA offers CPE credits for courses on topics such as accounting and assurance services, tax, fraud, ethics, not-for-profit, Yellow Book, and more.
- State CPA associations also offer CPE credits. Check with your state association to find out more.
- Becker offers CPE credit on topics such as taxation, U.S. GAAP, fraud, audit and more.
- CPEASY offers courses and webinars for tax, accounting, auditing and finance professionals.
- Surgent offers a variety of both CPE- and CE-qualified courses on tax and accounting topics.
- The IRS sponsors CE programs, including videos, webinars and seminars, for tax professionals.
- The Income Tax School offers a range of difference CE credit packages.
- Trade shows are another avenue where tax pros can acquire CE. Check out the trade shows that Intuit®ProConnect™ will be attending this year – we hope to see you there!
Editor’s note: This article was updated in August 2017 to reflect the fact that intuit ProConnect now offers training with CPE credit.